LOOKING FOR BEST JOOMLA! TEMPLATES FOR NEXT PROJECTS?
Always keep your site up to date with the latest Joomla version!
Joomla 3.9 has been released officially from the day 11th September, which is a significant milestone for all Joomla lovers. Up to now, Joomla 3 has been the most modern major version of Joomla, and Joomla 3.9 – this branch’s tenth minor version has been launched. This version focused mainly on implementing GDPR for your Joomla website. In this article, we will discuss more the new features and other important update information about this new Joomla 3.9.
The latest features and update in Joomla 3.9
This version comes with below new updates to make your site perfectly with GDPR:
- Earning registered users consent
- Facilitating the workflow related to your user requests
- Providing extension with an API.
Joomla 3.9 has been developed with the major purpose to equip for Joomla CMS a Privacy Tool Suite that facilitates your site compliance, also, it also helps developers get it easy to make their extensions to be compliance with regulations and laws like GDPR.
More information of Privacy Tool Suite extensions
- The Privacy System
This Privacy system has capabilities and it provides subsystems to make your Joomla website to be compliance with cookie laws and regulations. From now, it is possible for you to display a consent checkbox on your forms, besides, you can also remove or export personal data, as well as checking privacy which relates to extensions capabilities.
- The Action Logging System
This system gives us an infrastructure which makes an activity audit log performing on your site. It is possible for you to review the action log, purge/export entries.
Coming with Joomla 3.9 is many interesting new features:
- Possibility to use Google Invisible reCAPTCHA
- Offering a new backend search feature for searching a specific article content
- Adding notes to your articles in the backend as well as filter them
- Offering 2 more options of custom fields – a repeatable custom field and creating alternative layouts
- Displaying tags in each language
- New options in frontend: showing intro or the full image in newsflash module, or only showing articles of an author in the latest articles module
- Load a module with an ID into your article
- and more.
Release date of the stable version
- Release Candidate of Joomla 3.9: October 9th
- Stable version of Joomla 3.9: October 23rd
Please notice that the release date can be delayed based on the availability of Joomla volunteers and other situations.
What to notice with this release?
It is not a migration to go from Joomla 3.8 to Joomla 3.9, which is just a one-click upgrade – similar to the later versions of Joomla 3 branch. So, you should NOT have any production websites upgrade to the beta version, because the beta version doesn’t have any upgrade path and it is only for testing purpose.
New release means new challenges and new experiences. We hope through this article you will have an overview of the Joomla 3.9 Beta 3 new release, which is good for your preparation for the later release of Joomla.
Thank you so much for reading. If you have any question, feel free to let us know by leaving comment below, we will reply as soon as possible!